“I have always been interested in food and nutrition and developed a passion for creating delicious, wholesome creations and I love to keep experimenting. I endeavour to be aware of what I put into my body, noticing how generating health through food assists my mood, my sense of self and physical wellness. I don’t always get it right, sometimes yielding to cravings, emotional eating and impulses. I try to be compassionate. Not getting it right all the time is ok; what’s important is the rest of the time having something to come back to, that I know works well for my body and mind at this point in my life. I love to use food as medicine, and I love to share this knowledge with others.” Haydie
Inspirit Wellbeing Nutrition and Purifying Retreat
A 5 day – 4 night retreat to Cleanse, Renew, Educate and Inspire, around Food, Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing.
Educating and learning how to eat for health and vitality. Using food as energy and medicine. Viewing the body as a temple of health and yourself as a precious being you want to take care of.
Above all, the food is delicious, packed with nutrients, practical and easy. The group is small so that personal inquiries and desires are catered for and can be explored over the retreat.
You will come away relaxed, cleansed, purified, inspired, having reset your eating patterns. You will develop confidence that you can easily prepare delicious and tasty meals to suit your lifestyle, and that you have the tools to help create health in your body & mind and that of your families.
As well as nutritional guidance and inspiration, the Retreat is a cleansing, purifying and relaxing experience. It is a space to reconnect with yourself, take time inwards and begin to take care of yourself.
These retreats manifested out of my desire to share my enthusiasm and passion and help others experience the healing and health that comes via food. I have made wholesome, nourishing foods a large focus of the Yoga Retreats I have facilitated over the years. Many times I would hear from participants a desire to know more about the food, “what’s in this?”, “how do I make this at home?” “can I take you home with me?”, were some of the things said!
I feel excited about sharing health and motivating others. I imagined that Nutrition Retreats were a way that people could be encouraged to learn how to eat and prepare food to bring them vitality and wellbeing, as well as instilling practical methods of creating health in everyday life. It matters to me what you put into your body; food is such a fundamental way to be part of healing oneself; it’s not hard with some knowledge and motivation. Through these retreats and my own passion and commitment to health, I wish for you to be inspired, empowered and excited about food and wellness. I invite you on the journey.
On the Retreat you will learn how to:
- Prepare organic, plant based, nutritious, healthy, healing foods overflowing with vitality.
- Eat according to your body type.
- Recognise what your unique healthy eating is.
- Plan meals to suit your lifestyle, and taste, with your wellbeing in mind.
- Create abundantly nutritious recipes.
- Shop for the healthiest ingredients and educate yourself on what is ‘healthy’ and what is not.
- Read labels, discerning wholesome and unprocessed ingredients to poor quality substitutes.
- Learn about ethical and sustainable foods.
- Explore healthy ‘fast food’.
- Learn about the value of good quality sleep and physical activity.
- Incorporate yoga, breathing, meditation and mindful practices into daily life.
Over the Retreat we explore:
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar alternatives
- Gut health
- The art and practice of Mindful Eating
- Relaxation techniques
- And more…
The participants are part of the daily food preparation process, with the opportunity to take notes and adjust recipes to suit individual tastes.
The Retreat is a gentle cleanse for most people with vegetarian, unrefined, unprocessed and wholesome food.
Each day includes
- All organic vegetarian meals
- Comfortable accommodation
- 1 hour Food and Health workshop on various topics
- Instruction for 3 meals with discussion and questions
- 1 hour yoga
- Forest bathing & gentle walking
- Meditation and mindful practice
- Deep relaxation
Each participant receives a one-on-one 30 minute personal health history. This is an opportunity to ask questions, set goals and improve your understanding of personal health challenges.
Dates for 2021 coming soon!
5 days and 4 nights
Thursday 12pm–Monday 11am
$300 non-refundable deposit required at the time of booking.
- Access to blog, newsletter, recipes post retreat, Facebook group.
- Transport to the retreat—can assist with arrangements
- Massage—optional, at extra cost
Optional Post Retreat support at extra cost: